Who wants a cheesy and creamy dessert?
Made this delightful dessert last weekend and it was a hit. Friends loved it! This recipe was my adaptation of Mango-float recipe which graham crackers, condensed milk and cream are the main ingredients. In the Philippines especially in my hometown Cebu, mango-float is very well-known dessert since mangoes are abundant. Unfortunately here in Saudi Arabia mangoes are quite scarce or if there’s available in the market it’s not the kind of mangoes I want. Replacing mangoes to peaches is a perfect alternative. Actually this recipe is versatile and very easy to make. You can use different kinds of fruits that will perfectly compliment the creamy and cheesy flavor of this dessert. (Recipe below)
1 1/2 cup crushed biscuits
1/3 cup unsalted butter (melted)
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 can condensed milk
2 cans (170 grams) all-purpose cream
1 bottle (240 grams) cream cheese
4 pieces peach (sliced into thin cubes)
1 kiwi fruit (optional for garnish)
- Crush the biscuits using mortal and pestle.
- In a bowl mix all the crust ingredients (crushed biscuits,butter and sugar). After mixing set aside two or three tablespoon in a smaller bowl to be use later for garnish.
- In another bowl, blend condensed milk, cream, and cream cheese until smooth, then add the cubed peaches and combine well.
- Prepare 10 or 11 transparent plastic/glass. Fill each glass with 1 tablespoon butter-biscuit mix. Using spoon, press it to form solid base.
- Pour the the cream-peach mixture in each glass depending on your desired volume.
- Freeze for at least an hour , or until it has settled.
- For garnish, sprinkle the remaining butter-biscuit on top of each glass and top it with a thin slice of peach and kiwi fruit.