I love cheesecake so much, except for the no baked ones… sorry I’m not really a big fan of it. For me it lacked the desired texture which my tongue wants to savor. There’s nothing compare to a soft, chewy-gooey and cheesy-lemony baked cheesecake.
Bring your cheesecake recipe into a whole new different level by adding a surprise twist. Here’s another variety of cheesecake I just recently experimented.
- For brownie mixture, you can use your own favorite brownie recipe or grab a box of Betty Crocker’s brownie ready mix.
- 500 grams cream cheese softened (i prefer Kraft White cream cheese)
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- Caramel sauce (I used Hershey’s Caramel sauce)
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F
- Prep first the brownie according to your recipe or packaging instruction (if using Betty Crocker) divide the mixture into two equal parts.
- For crust: using (9 x 2/1/2) spring form pan lined with baking paper add the half brownie mixture. In the other 9 x 9 baking pan, greased generously with butter the add the other half brownie mixture and bake for 20 minutes. Let it cool for 30 minutes.
- Slice the brownies from the pan into small squares.
- For cheesecake: in a medium speed, beat cream cheese and condensed milk, then add eggs, flour, lemon juice and peel. Add and fold brownie squares into the cheesecake mixture. Pour into the crust.
- Bake for 60 minutes. Cool completely
- Drizzle with caramel sauce.
Notes: You can use or place baking paper at the bottom of the pan before putting the crust mixture so would be easy to remove it from the pan and transfer it to a cake stand. (Using scissors cut the excess paper to form circle.)