Traveling from one place to another can be fun and exciting, however most of the time it is exhausting. Sometimes the fear of the unknown gets in the way too especially if you’re total stranger to the place you’re visiting and you’re on your own. Which is why during the third leg of our recent European trip, Derick and I decided to book our hotels near the central station to lessen the unnecessary stress of finding our accommodation as well as the extra taxi expenses.
Location is always a deal breaker in booking our accommodation. I know it’s very seldom that you find a hotel that caters all your needs. Most of the time it comes with trade-offs. That’s why we’re willing to sacrifice space and other amenities just for location and safety. But how about finding a hotel that has everything you need?
GHotel Hotel & Living in Koblenz is one of those hotels that ticks all the boxes of the things we need in a place to stay. After hours of traveling by train from Munich, this hotel made our life easy and anxiety free.
Here are 5 Reasons Why We Love GHotel Koblenz
1. Excellent Location – GHotel is conveniently located at the heart of Koblenz. Few steps away from the Central Train Station and the Bus Station is right beside the hotel. Bars and restaurants are just around the corner. The main attractions are only a short bus ride which is approximately 20 minutes leisure walk if you prefer a stroll.
If you intend to explore both Rhine Valley and Moselle Region, then it is best to stay near the Central Train Station.
2. Exceptional Service – Right at the moment we entered the hotel, we were warmly welcomed by the receptionists. And I can tell that they were happy to see us. Everything were all set and ready so we can have a smooth check-in. All the inclusions of the package we purchased from them were handed to us accordingly. They also gave us a short orientation on how to navigate the city on our own and what are the interesting sites we should visit. Guides and maps were also provided which we really appreciate a lot.
How about unlimited free apples?
Yes, all guests can take apples. These fresh and sweet goodness will not only boost you with vitamin C but will surely make your day as well.
3. Aesthetically Pleasing Ambiance Plus Clean & Cozy Rooms – The clean and contemporary design provides the vibrant atmosphere of this property. Although the space isn’t that big, but still it’s enough to give you comfort if you want to lounge at the lobby.
The double room we booked had a decent size for two people. It was very clean with fresh covers, blankets, pillows and towels. The bed was comfortable enough for us to have a good night’s sleep.
Our room was equipped with basic amenities like shower/bathroom, hairdryer, safety deposit box, an air-conditioning, Satellite TV, radio, WiFi and direct dial telephone. Complementary bottled water was also provided. There’s no refrigerator and coffee/tea maker, but it was fine with us since we can live without it.
Great mornings starts with a hearty breakfast.
4. Fabulous & Delicious Breakfast – I was really impressed to see their breakfast selections considering that this hotel is only 3-star. It was the kind of breakfast I’m excited waking up to.
What else can I say? Everything I want for breakfast were present on the spread. No need to say more, the pictures says it all.
5. Great Value for Money – We booked directly through their website and we took advantage of their package rates. There are four packages to choose from and we chose ‘Totally Koblenz Package’ for only €248 per couple.
Package Inclusions are as follows:
- 2 nights in a modernly furnished room
- Rich breakfast buffet for 2 days
- Welcome drink at the hotel bar
- 3-course-menu at one of GHOTEL hotel & living’s partner restaurants
- Information material about Koblenz and the UNESCO world heritage site the ‘Upper Middle Rhine Valley’
- Ticket for a 2.5-hour boat trip along the Rhine to Boppard and back, a ride with the funicular railway and admission to Ehrenbreitstein Castle
All the things mentioned above and the perks that we got to enjoy during our stay was well worth every euro we paid.
Overall, we had amazing and relaxing stay in Koblenz. We’re very thankful for the hospitality extended to us by the staff of GHotel. I do hope that we will still enjoy the same experience the next time we visit Koblenz because we would most probably book this hotel again.
For more information, you may check the hotel’s website at http://www.ghotel.de/en/
Note: This is NOT a sponsored article. I wrote this review with the aim of helping my readers and give them an idea on where to stay in Koblenz, Germany.