I am delighted to announce that Travel with Joy was nominated. Yay!
This is the first time that I’ve received a Liebster Award nomination. It is such an honor for me to accept it and be part of the blogging circle. For the longest time that I’ve been blogging on and off in different platforms, finally someone noticed me in the blogosphere.
Big thanks to Melai Campilla of Loved and Wanderlust for nominating me. This certainly opens a wonderful opportunity to connect with other awesome bloggers and to new readers as well.
Melai Campilla is a Filipina expat living in Singapore who is passionate about traveling. I’ve known her for quite some time now. Although I haven’t meet her in person, I believe she’s one of the nicest person I’ve known since I started blogging. She’s the kind of blogger that I look up to. I find her work interesting, maybe because we both share the same passion of exploring the world. Her articles inspired me to write about my travel experiences and to travel more. Also her blogging tips helped me to keep going and be consistent with my own blog.
Please visit her blog and check out her amazing travel escapades and learn some useful tips about travel, life and blogging. Loved and Wanderlust
What is a Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award exists on the internet as a way for bloggers to award other new bloggers and foster connections throughout the blogging community! Liebster, in German, means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
Guidelines for accepting the award.
- Accept the nomination and answer the questions given to you
- Thank the person who nominated you and share his/her blog
- Nominate 5 to 11 awesome bloggers you followed
- Ask 11 new questions to the people you nominated
- List these rules in your blog post to keep the cycle continues
Want to know more about me? Please read my answers to Melai’s questions below.
1) What is your blog about and why did you start it? I started blogging long time ago when Multiply wasn’t defunct yet. Then I created a Food Blog in Blogspot named Joyful Taste which eventually I deactivated. My interest and love for blogging never left me, instead it pushed me to start a new blog in WordPress. And Travel with Joy was born.
My passion for food and travel inspires me to write my stories about it. So basically, Travel with Joy is mainly about Food and Travel and other related topics.
2) Give five words to describe yourself. Sweet, crazy, emotional, impatient, wife who loves to cook. Food and travel are two of the things that keeps her sane. (Sorry five words are not enough.)
3) If you could pick anywhere to live in the world where would it be and why? Definitely Switzerland because I’m the kind of person who loves nature, fresh air and stunning views. I want a laid-back life at the same time enjoying the comforts of modern living. And Switzerland has that.
4) What do you do for a living? What pays for your travels? I’m the Queen of our flat-castle who takes good care of the amazing husband who pays everything, from shopping to travels.
5) If money is not an issue, what is one thing you’re excited to do? Stay in a castle in France and live like a royalty for one month only. I love my life and I’m pretty much contented with it. I just want to experience how it’s like to be a royalty.
6) What blog/s do you enjoy reading? Why?
- World of Wanderlust
- Holy Smithereens!
- Wild Spirit
- Wandering Ella
- Loved and Wanderlust
- Pinay Flying High
It’s where I get ideas, discover new places, tips about travel and many more.
7) What’s the most adventurous thing you’ve done while traveling? Experiencing the 390 ft giant drop in Dream World Australia. Camel ride while exploring the pyramids in Cairo, Egypt.
8) Where do you get inspiration from when you’re not feeling creative? I read travel magazines and articles from fellow bloggers.
9) Share a link to the blog post you most enjoyed writing.
10) Who is your favorite person in Instagram? Ioni Conran the daughter of Supermodel Coco Rocha. I think she’s the cutest baby in Instagram. Check her out @ioniconran to see why. Good thing husband doesn’t have an Instagram account or else he’ll get upset to know that he wasn’t my favorite person.
11) What do you struggle with as a blogger? How do you go about it? Being consistent in keeping up with my blog. There are times that I am so inspired to write an article and then the next day the momentum was gone. When it happens I usually asked my husband for us to go somewhere, like have a picnic at the park, go to the beach or watch the sunset. If not going for another trip will excite me to write again about our recent travel experiences.
My Liebster Award nomination, goes to… (drum roll please!)
Wandering Ella – http://wanderingella.com/
Traveling The World Solo – https://travellingtheworldsolo.com/
Finding My Way – https://findingmyway.net/
Anne’s Scribbles and Doodles – http://annescribblesanddoodles.blogspot.com/
Bits of Joyce – http://www.bitsofjoyce.com/
Hello Hapiness – https://katblogs.com/
My 11 questions for the nominees.
- What is your blog about, and what inspires you to create a blog?
- Who are your greatest influence in blogging?
- What are the things that makes you happy?
- What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done?
- What is the most embarrassing moment you’ve experienced while traveling?
- Facebook, Instagram or Twitter? Why?
- Name at least three of your favorite blog site you followed.
- What is your favorite pastime aside from blogging?
- If you win an all-paid vacation trip of your choice, where would you want to go? Why?
- What kind of topics you enjoyed writing about?
- What is your ultimate goal in life?
To all my nominees I would love you to know you more and I’m looking forward to read your answers. Please let me know if you’ve done the Liebster Award blog post so I can check it. ❤